[Diabetes-talk] Wow!!! Guess everyone is awake now???

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Fri Oct 21 16:54:00 UTC 2011

I tried to interest a programmer in the idea of controlling a pump
from a cell phone. Think of the freedom we'd have then! But everyone
these days is afraid of the liability. Sees! But these young, cheaper
programmers just love the easy graphic stuff. I wish accessibility
were a bigger part of programming training. Kind of like architects
who are so set on creating interesting looking stairs that they
forget about basic functionality. Same thing.
And I definitely did need sighted help to label the graphics for the
pump software. The people at the company told me that even they
weren't fond of the design. I tried to sell them on the notion that
they were paying this third party company to design software so they
could say what was and was not acceptable. I think we would have
gotten a more accessible design if the company hadn't gotten out of
the diabetes business. Bummer!

Veronica
We Woof You A Merry Christmas! Diabetes Melodious! And more!
Music CDs that will impact and entertain you forever!
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
877-607-6407