[Diabetes-talk] Prodigy meters

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Tue Oct 25 01:05:59 UTC 2011

Whatever one's political orientation, the reality is that the government is already involved in that the FDA must approve bg meters in order for these to be marketed in the U.S. Some may consider this a curse; some may consider this a blessing. However, I think it's fair to say that the FDA is about our only leverage for increased meter accuracy (whatever we mean by this) in that we are too small a minority to have appreciable influence on manufacturers through market forces.

Mike Freeman