[Diabetes-talk] Accessible Diabetes Resources, and some Questions

Tina Hansen th404 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 23 00:43:46 UTC 2011

I was going through the archives of this list, and someone was asking about accessible resources. I want to mension one resource that might be of value: Audible. They offer a couple of books on diabetes, so if you're a member of Audible, you can get these.

One is My Pocket Doctor, which is sort of a quick reference guide for dealing with this nuissance. If you're a person of faith, The New Bible Cure for Diabetes is a good one to check out. It's written by Don Colbert, a medical doctor who happens to reside in Orlando, Florida, where we'll be at several conventions after next year.

This leads me to a question that is probably on the minds of some of us: there are a number of books that promise either (a) reversal of diabetes in 21 or 30 days, or (b) a natural cure that supposedly elliminates the need for finger pricking. Several titles like this are up on Bookshare, but I'm rather skeptical. Do any of you have thoughts on these books? Thanks.