[Diabetes-talk] Any Vegetarians Out there???

Bill Lewis wlewis19 at cox.net
Tue Apr 3 23:45:28 UTC 2012

Hi Vern, I, Bill Lewis, have a healthy creation.

Want a good vegan sandwich?  Read on:

1 slice of whole wheat bread, toasted,
1 leaf of cleanly washed lettuce,
1 swish of canola oil, mustard, fat-free mayo, ranch dressing, or castor
oil,
1 cucumber slice,
1 blueberry sliced and placed around the paremeter of the cucumber slice,
1 celery stalk sliced in thin strips and laid atop the cucumber and berry,

Fold bread in half to create a closed sandwich.
   Place sandwich in toaster at the same setting for making toast.
  Remove sandwich from toaster and either place the sandwich in lunch
bucket, or carry to kitchen table and sit down.
    Fill a glass with bottled water or diet pop, or light beer.
    Dip end of sandwich in the glass and consume the concoction slowly,
while entertaining yourself with your favorite music or radio program or TV
channel.

    EVALUATION

    Cal: not enough to warrant a glucose test.

Nurishment quotient: Good enough to last until next mealtime.

    Recommendation:  If hunger pains begin, a vegetarian pizza will take
them away.