[Diabetes-talk] testing with meter

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 11 01:25:44 UTC 2012

First, it's great you try to stay within a good A1-C range, but you are
still in a decent range at 6.9. Certainly pay attention to your numbers
and work with your docs, but you are not in any danger territory with
that number.

Second, most modern meters, at least to my knowledge, require very
little blood, and in fact, with some, too much blood can misread just as
much as too little blood on the strip. I suggest that once your meter
indicates it has taken the blood, you remove your finger.

Like many, I've been testing, and have used various meters, since 1985,
and I have never been told to keep my finger on the strip until I get
the reading. And like I said, most meters today require very little
blood, so once you know it's reading, I would pull your finger away.

Also, stress will cause sugars to run high. Stress can cause them to run
high or low depending on the person, so as difficult as it can be, try
to relax and do what you can. As long as you are doing your part, that
is what matters. Sometimes diabetes has a mind of it's own and does what
it wants no matter what we do. Undue stress can cause our sugars to run
amuck.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at: