[Diabetes-talk] Blood sugar swings.

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 21 01:16:07 UTC 2012

I know there are debates on what a "perfect" range should be, and it is
a little different depending on if you're type 1 or 2, but typically the
upper 100's are considered "high." If you had been running in the lower
100's then had a spike into the mid to upper 100's, you may possibly
feel symptoms like tiredness or feeling unmotivated, but typically even
the upper 100's aren't high enough to cause those symptoms indicative of
a high range. I would consult your endocrinologist just to make sure
nothing else is going on.

I will notice a slight difference when going from lower numbers to upper
100's (150 to 200) but nothing similar to what I will feel when 250 or
higher. Actually, when below 120, depending on certain factors, I will
have that I-need-a-snack feeling, grin. And now that I'm pregers,, my
doctors are comfortable with me sitting in the mid and upper 100's for
now since I was having too many drops.

So it kind of varies in terms of the symptoms depending on the
individual and all the contributing factors that go into glucose
control. And of course, testing as frequently as possible really helps
to gage things and catch drops and extremes.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan