[Diabetes-talk] Prodigy Voice comments

Bill Lewis wlewis19 at cox.net
Tue Jan 24 21:13:29 UTC 2012

Hello, Colleen, I remember the years that I was part of a HMO and our
business office had to fight with the HMO gargols standing at the gateway to
service.  When you have problems with a nitwitt, ask to talk with a "patient
representative," or "commplaint resolution officer, or other so-named person
who is theoretically supposed to have power to renegotiate the problem and
override the gatekeeper's obstinence.  Some HMOs require a written complaint
which may be taken to a committee for review.  This does not mean you will
always prevail, but it is a avenue you can use.

In my case, our business office girls became expert in educating all kinds
of irrational obstacles.  Good luck. -- Bill Lewis