[Diabetes-talk] Voice meter

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Thu Jan 26 02:50:23 UTC 2012

Actually, although I've heard that one person was able to use a software
package with Window Eyes, I've never been able to confirm this. Insofar as I
am aware, no software solution is currently accessible. Most have far too
many graphs and such.

BioSense, the manufacturer of the Solo V2, plans shortly to offer an
accessible software package consisting of a small program you install on
your computer and a web site (with appropriate security) that you upload
readings to. I will be testing that site.

AS for the improved Solo meter, my understanding is that it won't be
available until later in the year.

Seems like all tech manufacturers wax overly-optimistic when prognosticating
release dates of products and software packages.

Frankly, I just write my readings out on my BrailleSense and print them and
hand the print-out to my doctor.

Mike Freeman