[Diabetes-talk] Voice meter

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 27 19:58:42 UTC 2012

It's unfortunate that medical care can't be more equal across the board.
So many variables go into diabetic management, and when it comes down to
it, it's really an individualized disease; we are all affected
differently by it, and we all respond differently to different
treatments. It seems obvious that clinics would provide as much info as
possible, but as you say, this is sadly not the current reality.

Thanks for the kind words, but it took me a long time to reach this
level of management. As a kid, my parents were very involved, though by
the age of six, I started drawing and injecting my own insulin as well
as testing my own sugars, but of course with their supervision. By high
school however, I did a lot of stupid stuff. I won't go into the story,
but along with an eating disorder, I was not a shining example of how to
care for ones diabetes. Nonetheless, I have been lucky to move beyond
that point and realize how important my personal management is. It was a
twenty-some odd years lesson, but I finally understood that I'm not
invincible, and disregarding my diabetes management would not allow me
to accomplish my goals and dreams in life. Now I'm on a great track
doing what I need to do, though we all certainly face temptations. It
was a hard-won lesson, but at least I learned it before it was too late.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan