[Diabetes-talk] Accessibility questions, help needed

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 19 17:23:48 UTC 2012

Just playing Devil's Advocate here, but are we so sure Julie is being
discriminated against? Perhaps she needs to simply remind people that a
request has been made, and perhaps she's not making her needs clear. And
as I said before, as frustrating and irritating as ignorance is, it's
not always connected to discrimination. I just think proceeding with
such a combative attitude, at this point, is not the best action. In my
personal experience, we can't always make our own assumptions about
people and situations. I think Julie needs to clarify her position and
make sure her needs are understood before adopting such a combative
attitude. And I know so many people who benefited and enjoyed Weight
Watcher's services, and the local reps are there to help. I doubt very
much anyone is trying to exclude or deny Julie anything. Yes, I know
this stuff does happen; I'm not so naïve, but I also know we can often
assume people are discriminating against us and want to keep us down
when that's not the case either.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at: