[Diabetes-talk] excellent article

Bill Lewis wlewis19 at cox.net
Mon Jun 18 19:48:32 UTC 2012

Hello Llynn and Mike,

While most people want science findings to be written in stone, it keeps
changing as new data is examined, leading to new conclusions or hypotheses.

I recall about ten years ago, when the A.D.A. was recommending the
importance os keeping our glucose numbers as close to 100-80 as possible.
Then, long-term research showed that people do much better with glucose
ranges of 110[140.  Then A1C norms moved from 5-5.5 to 6-7.  And food
choices changed from measuring calories, fat, calories, and the amount of
food in a cup[[one-third to one-half.  Now the experts say we can eat
whatever we like, so long as we keep the portion sizes down to total a
maximum number of calories, and such.l

My, that's what I love about science!  It actually looks for new ways of
looking at the world.  Right on!

Bill