[Diabetes-talk] Talking Glucose meter question

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 4 21:56:17 UTC 2012

I agree, grin.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan

-----Original Message-----
From: Diabetes-talk [mailto:diabetes-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf
Of Mike Freeman
Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2012 10:53 AM
To: 'Terri S'; 'Diabetes Talk for the Blind'
Subject: Re: [Diabetes-talk] Talking Glucose meter question

The meter that has an alarm to remind you when to test is the Solo V2.
However, it has some drawbacks: There's no SAY DISPLAY key; one has to
review readings in memory. Moreover, although times of readings are
displayed as one reviews them, the times are not spoken.

And although you may differ from me, I never saw the necessity of an
alarm to remind one when to test. It's sort of like a string around the
finger: one can put one on but one is then faced with trying to remember
why. Seems to me it's pretty easy to remember to test when you get up,
go to bed, before meals or two hours after meals. That pretty-much
covers when people (either type 1 or Type 2) test. To me, almost
everything else is unnecessary froth. But to eash his/her own.

Mike Freeman