[Diabetes-talk] testing difficulty

Sandi Ryan sjryan2 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 16:14:59 UTC 2012

Hi Jude,

Have you tried all of the following?  I have a terrible time getting enough
blood, and I've been doing better lately, doing all these things:

First, adjust your lancet.  Check what it's on and put it at a higher click
so the lancet goes deeper.

Just before testing, wash your hands in fairly hot water and dry with a
clean paper towel.

Set up the meter with a strip, and cock the lancet.  Then massage your
fingers on the hand you're going to use, starting at the base of your
fingers and working down to the tips, several times, to work blood down into
your fingers.

Poke immediately!  Use your technique to get the blood to the strip or the
strip to the blood, right at the tip of the strip.  If the device doesn't
say "Testing" immediately, move your finger across the tip of the strip a
bit to be sure you have made contact with the tiny spot you've poked.

I don't know if this will help, but I've been doing better lately following
ALL of these steps.

Sandi