[Diabetes-talk] Got the new Prodigy Voice

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Wed Nov 21 03:15:29 UTC 2012

Are you *sure* it's the Prodigy voice and not the Prodigy Autocode? The
latter only has one button; you adjust the time and other parameters by
taking off the battery cover and dinking around with a small knob inside the
compartment. However, I use "you" generously because the meter cannot be set
by a blind person and a blind person cannot review readings from memory. We
are forever trying to get insurance companies and pharmacies to grock that
simply hearing a reading *once* may not be enough and we, too, want to do
everything with a meter that the sighted can.

I also have an autocode which can be used in a pinch. But you'll have to
look at the readings with a watch or clock and write them down manually to
keep track of them.

Mike Freeman