[Diabetes-talk] FW: Don't play God

Bill Lewis wlewis19 at cox.net
Wed Sep 5 14:13:51 UTC 2012

Hi Mike and '''''''''''all,

First, insurance companies are in a pinch, too, because recent years have
seen millions of folks increasing their use of meds, even diabetic glucose
strips.  So they begin restricting useage.  Scams abound.  Some people
demand the maximum number of prescription items allowed, then sell the
surplus to others on a black market.

However, if the insurance company restricts you more than medically
required, ask the insurance company to put you in contact with their
Complaints Officer and ask for an exception.  If that leads nowhere, look
for another insurance plan.  Under Obama Care, millions of people now are
eligible people have been added to insurance roles without corresponding
monies to pay for them, therefore, restricted coverage within insurance
plans.  I'm sorry it has been happening, but things will get worse before
Congress can do anything to improve the situation.  Remember, there ain't no
free lunchh.  The climate for health coverage is now far in debt and getting
worse, because there are more people requiring health services than there
are tax dollars to pay for it.  That's why the nation's debt is trillion of
dollars per year more than tax income.  To survive in this increasing
reduction of medical services and fast increases in ddemand, we can only
complain legally and keep searching for plan B and plan C, etc.  I've been
retired for years and I'm already noticing the pinch.  We are asked to
switch our expensive meds to generics and use fewer prescription meds and
doctor visits and hospital days allowed when needed

One more thought: check your list of pharmacies around town and looks for
the available low-cost med plans, anywhere from free to four dollars per
subscription and discount charges from drug companies themselves.  I'll list
some sources later.

Bill Lewis <wlewis19 at cox.net>