[Diabetes-talk] Off Topic - Seeking a kidney donor - please forward

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 24 21:29:53 UTC 2013

My brother's a 25-year-old kid waiting for a kidney too. He's not
diabetic, but since birth, has had problems with his renal system. He
was born with one kidney not working and the other with a very low
function, along with other severe problems. Since birth, he's had
several surgeries and one transplant at 16 that failed four years later.
Since the age of 20, he's been on dialysis. Despite this all, he works,
plays in three rock bands and has a steady girlfriend.

A lot of people are on transplant lists. They are all waiting for a
donor match. It's unfortunate but the reality. A lot of attention is
given to this issue, but very few people truly understand it.