[Diabetes-talk] Fwd: FDA Warning Letter Issued to ProdigyDiabetes care

COLLEEN ROTH n8tnv at att.net
Sat Aug 31 18:55:16 UTC 2013

Hi Sandi,
I think many people didn't know about this issue until today. Like you, many people probably didn't report their issues.
I have had so many times when my meter wouldn't or couldn't read from the blood on my test strip. This is true even when a sighted friend of mine who is a nurse has used my meter to do the test for me.
Sometimes she thinks I should have enough blood and it still doesn't work.
I just figured it was me.
Of course it still could be me.
The E-reader is important for those who are going to school in particular.
This problem with the Prodigy Meters is also pretty important.
I have wondered what would happen to someone who just can't get enough blood on the strip.
Yes I have run my hands under hot water, rubbed them, put something around the finger I want to poke, put the lancet at the highest number, let my hand hang down, and literally pushed my finger as hard as possible toward the lancet.
I have even poked my poor finger with the lancet, new each time) several times to no avail.
I have even tried poking my arm.
This could be a real problem for someone who is not a very well controlled Diabetic.
I guess we will find out more after the Holiday.
Colleen Roth