[Diabetes-talk] Flying from North Carolina to Colorado; have some questions

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sat Feb 16 22:10:35 UTC 2013

Al:

Although all the diabetes books and even the TSA say you should keep meds
etc. in their own original label boxes and have your meter and supplies
clearly labeled, I have *never* -- not once -- had Security question
anything. They've seen so many diabetic supplies that by the time I've said
anything about them, I'm already past security.

Unless you use lantus at a rate far less than I, I don't even think
(contrary to common wisdom) that you need to keep it refrigerated unless
you're in a very hot, stuffy airport or plane. So I don't even worry about
cold packs.

Keep your supplies in your carry-on, though. You don't want to risk losing
them.

Mike Freeman