[Diabetes-talk] accessible Insulin pumps

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 23 18:46:27 UTC 2013

One, I've not heard anything about this pump, nor has my nurse educator,
who I work closely with on this topic. And two, consider various
products created with the blind in mind. Most these products are
developed by sighted people without ever involving blind people in the
creation and development stages. And what a sighted person deems as
accessible is usually far from being truly accessible. Prodigy didn't
have a completely accessible meter at first; it took a couple of trys
before the current version hit the market.

And any products like this will require FDA approval, and this can take
years. I wouldn't trust any company claiming a release date unless they
state it already has the approval, but even then...