[Diabetes-talk] "Too Young for Insulin?"

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 1 07:07:02 UTC 2013

That's probably true since it accelerated the vision loss, neuropathy,
tachycardia, low blood pressure and gastroparesis. No one has every
stated it this way but it makes sense. In the past nine years, I've
gotten my health and diabetes back into control, and am healthy for my
age. I eat very healthy and exercise, which helps I'm sure, but these
side affects aren't exactly things that go away. The loss of flexibility
would make sense if my body experienced a rapid ageing process for a
short time. At the time, I also had an abscess on my heart and kidney
and an enlarged liver, but these problems resolved themselves. In fact,
I've had a couple of Echo cardiograms done, and they come back clean and
healthy. In fact, before I was *allowed* to become pregnant, I had to
have an Echo, and they were impressed with how long I was able to go on
the treadmill and how fast I went especially since I was able to still
talk without panting, grin. Then again, they typically test much older
patients, smile. Anyway, it's just been weird to see how some things
resolved and others never have. Ultimately though, the ageing process
didn't last or remain the same. It was such a bizarre situation. They
had no idea what the viral infection was or what caused it. They
couldn't identify it. It was such a set of odd circumstances that led up
to it starting with a hospitalization for DKA then what was initially
diagnosed as the flu to finally a raging infection and the other issues
I've stated before. This all happened in a four week time span and
lasted about three months. It took a year to fully recover. The
flexibility has been really difficult to retrieve.