[Diabetes-talk] App for iPhone and Glumonitor

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Mon May 6 18:52:12 UTC 2013

Actually, you are not nuts Mike. I did try to play with the iBGstar in an
exhibit hall and I couldn't get VoiceOver to do anything. I couldn't get it
to find the section which contained the readings from the meter at all. It
read some numbers but there was no way to figure out what the numbers were.
Now granted, I didn't spend a long time with the app, but my first
impression was definitely not good. The rep from the company had no idea
about VoiceOver at all. The meter itself is sure tiny though. But the first
thing I thought when I heard about this meter was oh man! I'd sure hate to
get one of those finger sticks that was a major bleeder and get blood on my
iPhone. <grin>
But given a choice, I actually agree with you Mike. Give me a fast quick way
to get my number so I can get on with life. There are many things I like
about my iPhone but I'm not sure I want to sit there, swipe and fool around,
hoping I find my number. Now, if it comes down to this being the only way to
get some sort of remote for a pump, I'll jump at it. But this app isn't
ready for us yet, in my short review of it.
Veronica

Watch the video as The Guide Dog Glee Club sings "Rehab!" Yes! Yes! Yes!
http://youtu.be/JvakJ5lk6Us
Then find more music from Veronica Elsea and The Guide Dog Glee Club at:
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
Phone: 831-429-6407