[Diabetes-talk] App for iPhone and Glumonitor

Gregory D. Rosenberg gregg at ricis.com
Mon May 6 20:47:09 UTC 2013

Good afternoon again,

What model iPhone and iOS are you running. I ask because Voice Over features very slightly but significantly between iOS version in particular. I might be able to offer some assistance. I found that their support is not very knowledgable on Voice Over. I can’t claim to be an expert; however, I did spend about 14 hours of one-on-one with a guy in the Lincoln Park (Chicago, IL) Store that was extremely knowledgeable.

On May 6, 2013, at 13:52 CDT, "Veronica Elsea" <veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com> wrote:

> Actually, you are not nuts Mike. I did try to play with the iBGstar in an
> exhibit hall and I couldn't get VoiceOver to do anything. I couldn't get it
> to find the section which contained the readings from the meter at all. It
> read some numbers but there was no way to figure out what the numbers were.
> Now granted, I didn't spend a long time with the app, but my first
> impression was definitely not good. The rep from the company had no idea
> about VoiceOver at all. The meter itself is sure tiny though. But the first
> thing I thought when I heard about this meter was oh man! I'd sure hate to
> get one of those finger sticks that was a major bleeder and get blood on my
> iPhone. <grin>
> But given a choice, I actually agree with you Mike. Give me a fast quick way
> to get my number so I can get on with life. There are many things I like
> about my iPhone but I'm not sure I want to sit there, swipe and fool around,
> hoping I find my number. Now, if it comes down to this being the only way to
> get some sort of remote for a pump, I'll jump at it. But this app isn't
> ready for us yet, in my short review of it.
> Veronica
>
> Watch the video as The Guide Dog Glee Club sings "Rehab!" Yes! Yes! Yes!
> http://youtu.be/JvakJ5lk6Us
> Then find more music from Veronica Elsea and The Guide Dog Glee Club at:
> http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
>                 Veronica Elsea, Owner
> Laurel Creek Music Designs
> Santa Cruz, California
> Phone: 831-429-6407

P.S. We have moved.

P.S. Text the word BLIND to 85944 to donate $10 to the NFB Imagination Fund via your phone bill.

--
73' & 75'
Gregory D. Rosenberg AB9MZ
gregg at ricis.com

RICIS, Inc.
7849 Bristol Park Drive
Tinley Park, IL 60477-4594
http://www.ricis.com

708-267-6664 Cell
708-444-2690 Office
708-444-1115 Fax (Call First)
We are tired of SPAM faxes.

NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain legally privileged and confidential information. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and please delete it from your computer.