[Diabetes-talk] smart lancet

Marshall Scott mfscott at me.com
Sun May 19 20:50:30 UTC 2013

What would be really nice would be a method that didn't require a lancet at all.  After all,, they measure blood oxygen levels without any blood; couldn't they use something similar for blood glucose?  I've heard rumors of such a thing but my medical people don't know anything about it.
I also thin, in addition to the technical problems,that the people who make blood glucose meters have a financial incentive not to develop such a thing.  I suspect that they make most of their money off of selling lancets, test strips and control solution.
Marshall