[Diabetes-talk] Fwd: FDA Warning Letter Issued to Prodigy Diabetes care

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Mon Sep 2 21:45:07 UTC 2013

Well, there is one more issue with trying to add a third party speech unit
to today's meters. It was easy ten years ago. Really easy to do. But many of
today's meters have an added safety feature, says I with tongue firmly
planted in cheak. They assume that when you connect a cable to a meter, you
will be transferring data to your computer. So in order to make sure that
nobody hurts themselves by trying to test, thereby introducing liquid could
possibly be electrocuted when connected to a computer. So one of the things
that would need to happen would be the disabling of this feature when
connecting to a speech box. Oh sure, it could be done. But we'd have to
figure out how to make that work without making the companies adapt their
meters for us. That would be where it would start, at least.
Veronica

Watch the video as The Guide Dog Glee Club sings "Rehab!" Yes! Yes! Yes!
http://youtu.be/JvakJ5lk6Us
Then find more music from Veronica Elsea and The Guide Dog Glee Club at:
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
Phone: 831-429-6407