[Diabetes-talk] why I don't test myself

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 3 23:32:03 UTC 2013

Well, I suppose if you're type 2 or pre-diabetic. Not matter how great
your A1-C is when type 1, insulin is non-negotiable though.

The A1-C can also vary from person to person though. If over 8, you
probably need to watch it, and it also varies a bit between type 1 and
type 2. My doctors have never been comfortable with my A1-C's being
under 7 because when they are, I'm usually running super low all the
time. I sit around 7 most the time with my average glucose levels in the
120's and 130's. I asked my endo about this, knowing many are encouraged
to hit that golden level 6, but I was told there are exceptions, me
being one.

So the best thing is to always work closely with your doctor, and to see
an endo and not just a family doc or internal med doc.