[Diabetes-talk] Blood sugar levels and sleep.

COLLEEN ROTH n8tnv at att.net
Sun Sep 8 00:39:44 UTC 2013

Hello,
Well I have had difficulty faling asleep for many years.
It doesn't have anything to do with my Diabetes. I do not think it has to do with Circadean Rythm either.
For a while 1 had Sleep Apnea which went away after I lost 48 pounds.
I had Special Needs children in my home and never was able to get a full night's sleep.
This lasted about 30 years so I suspect my body just got used to that.
I was probably on hyperalert to hear the children I cared for.
I experience a great deal of pain now and this does play a role in my sleep.
I do find it helpful to go to sleep listening to soothing m"ic.
I listen to things like Oh Beautiful Mother. It's an instrumental recording of songs to Our Blessed Mother.
I also like to listen to soothing Ocean Sounds.
I try not to get up except for bathroom breaks at night.
Colleen Roth