[Diabetes-talk] Recently DXED Pre-Diabetic

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Fri Sep 13 00:17:13 UTC 2013

I'm not even convinced that most supplements outside of vitamins really do that much for people -- and this includes things like omega3 fatty acids. It's damnably difficult to actually study the effects of food supplements under real -world conditions.
And when I say the atkins diet isn't harmful, I'm not writing of all the stuff the spin -off company sells. Same with South Beach.
I'm not quite as down on processed food as Sandi is but if one goes in for it, one must assiduously read labels.
Moreover, I don't recall Dr atkins himself pushing sugar alcohols. BTW, the consensus is that one should count half their carbs when counting and they definitely have a laxitive effect! (grin) in other words, sugar-free isn't necessarily diabetes-friendly.
Love natural peanut butter is yummy!
Mike