[Diabetes-talk] A Stripless Talking Meter ...

eileen scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Sat Apr 19 21:46:09 UTC 2014

Colleen,

I've heard the commercial several times within the last month, so I know I'm
not imagining what I've heard.  Unfortunately, when I called Ariva to find
out more about what has been advertized their customer service knew nothing
about a talking stripless meter and they could not give me more information
on it.  They were going to contact their advertizing department and said
they would get back to me.  I don't really believe they will get back to me,
but my ears are open so I'll be paying attention when these Medicare ads
come on the TV in the future.

The only 2 talking meters Ariva carries at this point, both use strips and
are:
1.  The Solus V2;  and
2.  The Embrace --  which is the meter I had seen listed on Maxi Aids web
site.

Ariva did say that they did have non-talking meters that were stripless, but
they do use blood with a cartridge.

If I find anything further out I'll post.

Eileen