[Diabetes-talk] Prodigy Count-a-dose and Syringes

Everett Gavel everett at everettgavel.com
Thu Dec 4 14:36:38 UTC 2014

Hi Mike, and all,

Until I got my medtronic pump several months ago,
I used the syringes with shorter needles with my
count-a-dose every day for many years without
issues. I don't know if the language the
manufacturer uses *requires* longer syringes, but
the shorter ones worked fine for me for years.
They were still long enough to get into the
insulin bottles.

Problem I found with the shorter needles is that
they sometimes seemed to not get the insulin deep
enough into me to get past the scar tissue, if I
wasn't careful as to where I injected.

Strive On!
Everett