[Diabetes-talk] Still needing help for someone to learn to check her blood sugar

Bonnie Lucas BLucas at AlaskaBVI.org
Mon Dec 15 19:44:14 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I posted a while back for a lady who is blind and has diabetes. I have checked with her about going to see a diabetes educator and she has informed me that her doctor is a very small one woman operation. She lives in a town just north of Anchorage and frankly, this is Alaska! What I'd like to try, and she is in favor, is to find a woman who is knowledgeable and patient to talk with her about what she has tried and what might work. Also, she has a sighted friend who is prediabetic and checks her blood sugar. This lady might be able to help and she could participate on the call. It might even be possible to talk with her about finding a different doctor, one in Anchorage. If she knew how important this was, she might be willing to come in. She has some transportation help, I think. If you are interested, please email me personally at
blucas at alaskabvi.org<mailto:blucas at alaskabvi.org>
Thanks very much.

Bonnie Lucas, MS, CVRT, MSW
Braille and Technology Instructor, VISA Coordinator
Equipping Alaskans for Success
Alaska Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired
3903 Taft Drive
Anchorage, Alaska  99517
Phone: (907) 248-7770    Direct: (907) 771-4306
www.alaskabvi.org       www.facebook.com/alaskabvi

Please consider supporting our mission when you fill out your 2013 PFD application.
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CDE8FE.BC4C8100]<http://www.pickclickgive.org/>
  www.pickclickgive.org<http://www.pickclickgive.org/>

The Center is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Call or visit our website to learn more about how our work transforms lives.
This message contains information that may be confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, copying or distribution of any of its contents is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, kindly contact the sender