[Diabetes-talk] Testing Difficulties

Kris Hickerson krishickerson at att.net
Sat Jan 18 21:51:43 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I'm new to this list, although some of you have encountered me on other
lists.

For the past month or so, I am having trouble getting my fingers to bleed
enough for a good test.  This morning I stuck myself seven times on four
different fingers and never did get a good test.  I can't be sticking myself
so much as I'm a braille user and also it just keeps my fingers too sore for
general use.

I know you need to get that first good drop of blood just in the right spot
on the strip and generally I can do that.  My hands tend to be a little cool
so I have held them under warm water but that still doesn't seem to help
much.  I'm using the Prodigy Voice.  Are there some techniques I need to be
aware of.  This is really frustrating!

Thanks much.

Kris