[Diabetes-talk] Testing Difficulties

Star Gazer pickrellrebecca at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 22:03:26 UTC 2014

Hi Chris.
What type of meter? I could not make Prodidgy Autocode work despite my best
efforts, along with the efforts of the diabetes nurse, and also my sister
who sticks animals (she's a vet tech) for a living.
I switched to Prodidgy voice based on the suggestion of this list.
Learning how to test is tricky, I've only been doing it for a couple months.

First, how is your lance set? I have mine set to four.
Second, you'll need to squeeze your finger after you stick. Then apply the
stuck finger to the end of the strip. It will be easier if you load the
strip yourself, then you'll know where it is.
This seems to work well, though I've had a couple of rough times while
trying to stick myself. I have better luck when I have some background
noise, for whatever reason that helps.
Also, warm water helps.
Let me know if you want to talk more. There is deffinately a learning curve,
and it will take practice.