[Diabetes-talk] Testing Difficulties

Michael Barber nfbiowa at qwestoffice.net
Sat Jan 18 22:58:53 UTC 2014

Hello:  One thing I often do is to run my fingers up and down a towel or the side of my clothing several times to get the blood flowing a little better.  I like the hand-warmer idea, too.  I think my lancer is set to 2 right now.  Also, poking the side of the finger is supposed to have better results than the pad or tips.  Supposed to be less painful, too.  I was gunna say I feel you pain, bugt I guess not.  (smile).  I ran across an audio file on the internet somewhere where some gentleman explains exactly how to do this.  It was pretty straightforward.  He talks about putting the meter on its side and then holding your hand so the palm is facing you.  Then, place the back of the strip against the fingernail of the finger you poked and move it toward the tip of your finger and then across the tip until the bvlood drop is detected.  I probably didn't explain that quite right.  I'll see if I can find this file somewhere.
Don't get discouraged.

Cordially,
Michael D. Barber