[Diabetes-talk] Anyone Else Having Problems Ordering Testing Supplies Through Medicare Approved Providers?

eileen scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Wed Mar 26 13:58:08 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am curious if any one else who uses Medicare Part B for testing supplies, insulin dependent and testing more than 3 times per day is having a difficult time having their orders filled through Medicare providers?

I was using A1 Diabetes at first and was testing 6 times per day.  Each time my doc faxed back their form, they kept telling me they never got it.  Finally had to physically make a trip to my doctors office, pick up the form and snail mail it into A1 Diabetes.  Now am increasing the number of times per day I test to 8 and need to have the script updated.  Again, they are claiming that they are not getting the fax back from my doctor who is very clearly sending it back in.

So I had enough with A1 Diabetes and am now trying to get set up with Ariva medical, another Medicare approved provider.  Again, my doctor is getting their faxes, sending them back and then when I call to check on the order am told by Ariva that they never got the fax back from the doctors office!!

I’m trying not to get upset over this, but it takes about 10 days for supplies to get sent through mail, and its taking days for this paperwork nightmare to get straightened out.  I called the Medicare 1-800 number and they cannot take complaints against these companies except in the case where insurance is not being accepted.  Is this an underhanded way of perhaps rejecting the insurance?
My suspicion is that for diabetics testing above the Medicare allotted amount of 3 times per day for an insulin dependent diabetic, they may not for some reason want to take these orders.  Any ideas on this?  Are others having this much trouble with these places?

Thanks.

Eileen