[Diabetes-talk] Anyone Else HavingProblemsOrderingTestingSupplies Through Medicare Approved Providers?

Bill Lewis wlewis19 at cox.net
Mon Mar 31 16:40:21 UTC 2014

While I was reading in the newspaper about problems with Medicare providers
having trouble getting approved by Medicare, as a authorized provider, I
made sure I checked with my doctor's office to be sure my doctors planned to
continue keeping me as a patient, and I checked with the pharmacy that
provided my glucose strips to be sure they could continue to provide strips
for me.  They all said, "so far so good," so to speak.

However, I'm also reading over the weekend that Medicare was scheduled to
cut reimbursements to doctors by 24% and Medicare medical supplies by a
similar percent.  But then, over the weekend, Obama extended the deadlines
for at least three more months.

In sum, the Obama medical plan is all screwed up.

So doctors and providers react to all this mass confusion by blaming the
victims, as usual, so they give us grief, because their appeals to
government is falling on deaf ears, since government spokesmen are
contradicting hemselves with their public explanations.  About all we can do
is keep trying and ask, ahead of time, what you should do, if there are
snags.  You may or may not get reliable information, but that is probably
because they don't know either.  One final thought, buy a month's supply of
strips, or whatever, with cash, so you will have backup, while the
communication problems fly back and forth.  --  Bill Lewis