[Diabetes-talk] Lantus pin

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Tue May 12 17:47:26 UTC 2015

I take it you're type 2? If the doctor has you on insulin, it's to better
manage glucose levels. If your numbers are good, including A1-C's, then I
wouldn't change your protocol. Do you take the insulin for bolusing when you
eat carbs? Or are you taking a long-acting insulin?

Also, more and mor research is showing that the sooner type 2's go on
insulin, often the better management they have. But again, this needs to be
determined by a doctor, and it's based off of A1-C readings along with daily
glucose levels.

I know several type 2's who are also using insulin along with a pill.

As for the cost of your scripts, obviously each insurance will be different.
Are you on Medicare too, or just a private insurance? If you qualify,
Medicare can be much cheaper with scripts, usually. I'm a type 1 using an
insulin pump, but I do use insulin pins for back-ups in emergencies. For me,
there's no cost for my pins, which are Novolog. Others can better answer
your questions. I'm by no means an expert about insurance, and actually,
insurance policies can be confusing and frustrating to understand, smile.

Good luck.