[Diabetes-talk] Accessibility of insulin pumps.

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Wed May 13 03:48:05 UTC 2015

While I agree the Cosmo was the best, I have found the Animas to be close,
though still not as good. I switched more than a year ago to Animas, and I
like it, though if given a choice, I would go back to the Cosmo if they
still made it.

With the Animas, It does not have beeps for most things, but the buttons are
very tactile and indent when pushing, so you know you selected an item when
pushing.

I use the touch bolus and not the bolus wizard. The touch bolus is tactile
and beeps every time you push it.

I can also adjust the temporary decrease and increase on my own along with
switching between basal patterns. I believe the Animas has 4 or 5 basal
patterns you can set up, including weekdays 1 and 2, weekends and exercise.
Changing the and loading the cartridge is pretty simple, and I can do on my
own. I also have written directions for everything just in case, though
features I use frequently, I have memorized.

Look forward to hearing about the conference and what you discovered.