[Diabetes-talk] Malfunctioning Meter

Mark Tardif markspark at roadrunner.com
Mon Apr 11 00:37:57 UTC 2016

Greetings everyone,

I use the Prodigy Voice glucometer.  I have just found that when I test, rather than giving me a reading after it says “Now Testing,” I will get a prompt that says “Your Prodigy Meter is now on.”  Then it automatically goes back to the factory settings, I guess, for I’m getting April 24, 2011, and I have to reset it.  I thought maybe this was a problem with batteries, but this does not appear to be the case.  Am I pushing a wrong button somewhere when I reset the meter?  I’m not really sure which one the “set” button is, believe it or not, as once I finished all the settings, it seemed to just set automatically.  So there are a couple of problems.  I hope I don’t have to get a new one, but I suppose that’s certainly possible.  Any feedback would be most appreciated.  Thank you in advance.
Mark Tardif
Nuclear arms will not hold you.