[Diabetes-talk] Malfunctioning Meter

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Mon Apr 11 02:24:02 UTC 2016

The SET button is the little button in the middle of the row of three. If batteries aren't the answer, then it sounds like you might need a new meter.

To set the meter, hold the SET button down till the meter says "You're now in Setting mode". It goes through the things you can set; you change the parameters using the up- and down-arrow buttons and press the little Set button again to go to the next parameter. The last one is "Deleting Record Function". If you don't want to delete all records from memory, just hit the Set button again and the meter will go through all the parameters you've set and then shutitself off, saying "Goodbye". If, after you've done this and the meter still goes haywire, you will probably need a new meter although it would never hurt tohave someone check to see that you're using the right strips.

Mike Freeman