[Diabetes-talk] how to keep medication from spilling while traveling, and keeping all supplies together

Ladd, Kim (DBVI) Kim.Ladd at dbvi.virginia.gov
Thu Dec 8 16:00:32 UTC 2016

The Maxi Aids website https://www.maxiaids.com/medication-aids carries a lot of useful products.
Here's a pill box that may help: Traveler with Pill Boxes
Weekly nylon organizer and travel pack holds a week's worth of medication. This compact travel kit includes seven pill boxes (marked with the days of the week) in a convenient and durable nylon case. The MedCenter Traveler fits conveniently in a carry on or suitcase. The Traveler also works directly with the MedCenter Monthly System and the MedCenter Talking Alarm Clock (sold separately). Black nylon with clear pill boxes.
Product features:
- VELCRO FLAP allows for quick access to pill boxes
- HOLDS UP TO SEVEN PILL BOXES for up to one full week of medication
- COMPACT SIZE saves space in desk drawer, carry-on luggage or suitcase
- INCLUDES SEVEN PILL BOXES marked with each day of the week
- Each Pill Box has 4 compartments marked Morning/Breakfast; Noon/Lunch; Evening/Summer; and Night/Bedtime to help keep track of daily doses
Total Product Dimensions: 7.5 in. wide x 1.5 in. deep x 5 in. high. Each Individual Pill Box measures: 4 in. long x 1.25 in. wide x 1 in. deep. Weight: 9 ounces. Cost is $19.95.
https://www.maxiaids.com/traveler-with-pill-boxes

Kim Ladd, RN, BS, CPHQ
Diabetes Educator
Virginia Rehabilitation Center for the Blind & Vision Impaired