[Diabetes-talk] New User of Count a Dose

Sarah Clark sarah at sarahannclark.com
Sun Dec 11 05:09:21 UTC 2016

Hello Mike,

The matter I'm dealing with here is quite urgent, so an efficient and
accurate solution to the problem is paramount. Mindless experimentation is
useless when accuracy is needed and rapid decisions have to be made and
solutions found. I gather from your glim and unhelpful response that you
have never been in such a situation. I hope that you do not have loved ones
around you who will ever need to depend on you in such a situation, for if
you do, they will certainly be up a creek without a paddle. However, I'm
sure you'll find time to ridicule them for having less knowledge than you
and smuggly indicate your perceived superiority.

If your purpose was, as you now claim, simply to say to me "rather than
asking us, why not experiment yourself and then
tell us the result?", then what would motivate you to comment with your
criptic "violence see", which I suspect no one understood, instead of just
saying to try it (or perhaps more precisely, that you really didn't have
anything helpful to contribute.) I asked my husband, a pretty smart
guy--mechanical engineer from Stanford and lawyer from the U of Chicago--if
he knew what your comment meant, and he did not, but when I told him who it
was who said it, he said that he thought you were a social worker as he
recalled, which, if so, is quite surprising since I would expect more
understanding, compassion and helpfulness from someone in that field.

For your information, I found out last Monday that I had to begin injecting
myself with this medication every night starting that day, and I have no
sighted assistance to assist me in filling the syringes. The medication also
cannot be drawn up in advance, only at the time of the injection. Tell me
what you would have done if you were in my situation. What I have done is
hired sighted colleagues to come over at the last minute to help me, none of
whom have had any experience filling syringes, and I have found people to
assist me by Facetime when in-person assistance could not be aquired. I then
found out about this count a dose device on Wednesday, ordered it
immediately based on very little information, and it arrived this afternoon,
when I got my first look at it and was able to test it with my vials of
medication. So please help me understand how a really smart guy like you
would've handled this better than I have. To add to my stress, each vial of
this medication, from which I get 5 days of injections, costs $428, and my
insurance does not cover it. And I will be taking it for the next 5 weeks.

Sarah