[Diabetes-talk] Glucose testing, and that elusive drop of blood

Paul Magill magills at bigpond.com
Mon Feb 8 07:10:00 UTC 2016

Hi All,

Long time lurker seeking some assistance.

I had  been going ok with doing my blood tests, but beginning 2 nights ago I
have found it extremely frustrating!

I came down to pricking my finger 3 or 4 times before trying to get a
measurement, and wasting more than that number of strips with error
messages, before getting a reading.

Today my daughter called by, and explained that I am getting enough blood
out, but that it is moving away from the puncture site before I get the test
strip to it, and that I am not so good at getting the strip to the puncture
site either, but the main issue is the blood drop going for a wander.

I am wondering whether over there, there might be some sort of little
plastic ring like mini dam I could put over / around the puncture site to
stop the blood drop moving away.   Then I could move the test strip along my
skin till it reached the little dam wall, then up and over into the blood.

Am I just dreaming?

Is there another way?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you,