[Diabetes-talk] DexCom G5 Mobile CGM system

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Sun Feb 14 00:19:33 UTC 2016

Hi Tom and all!
Very interesting post. I hadn't known about the Medtronic Connect system. I
gave up on my Dexcom G4 system because of having to carry around the extra
box that did me no good at all.
And now I have different insurance, bummer! In order to get coverage for the
G5, well, basically, I'd have to lie. They require 30 days of readings which
have to be at least 4 per day. And at least 5 of those readings must be
below 40. Hypo unawareness does not happen to be my problem, thank goodness.
But given how many people I meet that have the CGM, I bet I'm not the only
one who has the nerve to just make up a log. When will these companies admit
that better diabetes control costs them less money? ?Sheesh!
Stay tuned and thanks for the nice descriptions.
Veronica

"Guide Dogs, First Hand", Veronica Elsea's classic album is now available on
iTunes, along with other music from her and from the Guide Dog Glee Club.
To learn more, visit:
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
Phone: 831-429-6407