[Diabetes-talk] HELP USING THE PRODIGY AUTO CODE METER

Anita Ogletree aogletree2015 at gmail.com
Tue May 10 19:59:57 UTC 2016

Hello.

I haven't commented on this list for a while but I believe some of you
remember me.

I was diagnosed as being pre-diabetic, which a lot of folks have suggested
that really means that I am a diabetic. At my last doctor's visit and
according to the lab results from March, my A1C was down from 6.3 to 5.7.

I have switched from the Prodigy Talking meter to the Prodigy Auto Code
because the insurance I have now uses it's own pharmacy and the Auto Code
was recommended.  Other than the fact that the Auto Code can be used to test
on alternate parts of the body, does anyone know if one is better than the
other? Or is it a matter of personal preference?

I also am going to confess that when I only had the Prodigy meter with
speech that only allowed the testing on the fingers, I was unable to do the
testing myself because I could not steady my hand in order to stick my
finger. So it has been a long time since I've kept up with testing. I've
only recently received the Prodigy Auto
Code this past weekend and I have been trying to read the user's manual that
is to difficult to scan. I found one online but it seems only to refer to
the one without the Auto Code.

Can anyone direct me to accessible instructions for the Auto Code or does
anyone on the list have an accessible format that you are willing to share?
I really want to start monitoring my blood sugar so that there are no
surprises when I visit my doctor again. I have experienced a lot of pain in
my legs and feet over the past couple of days but that may be due to the
fact that I was doing a lot of walking last week wearing sandals.

Thanks.

Anita