[Diabetes-talk] Medtronic Pumps

dianefilipe at comcast.net dianefilipe at comcast.net
Sat Nov 19 03:11:55 UTC 2016

Hi Joyce,I have the Medtronimparadigm and fill the reservior from a bottle.  Diane
Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE device
------ Original message------From: Joy Stigile via Diabetes-Talk Date: Fri, Nov 18, 2016 6:45 PMTo: 'Diabetes Talk for the Blind';Cc: Joy Stigile;Subject:Re: [Diabetes-talk] Medtronic Pumps
Hi Joyce,Insulin pumps use a special insulin which is in a "cartridge".  The wholecartridge is inserted into the pump.  The pump will draw the insulin in tothe tubing as needed.Warmly, Joy-----Original Message-----From: Diabetes-Talk [mailto:diabetes-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Ofblindhands--- via Diabetes-TalkSent: Friday, November 18, 2016 3:14 PMTo: 'Diabetes Talk for the Blind' Cc: blindhands at aol.comSubject: Re: [Diabetes-talk] Medtronic PumpsI did get a contact call the day that the pump was suppose to arrive at myhouse.  She introduced herself and wanted to go thru the box with me to besure I received everything I needed, But the package had not arrived as ofyet.I had basically told them I was unhappy with how I  havenpt gotten myquestions answered.  I also mentioned I was blind and no one had noted thatin the info.  So she told me she would speak to the trainer today and haveher make an appointment to come out and go thru my supplies.  Every little bit or comment when I speak to them is a new surprise for me.You guys & gals have answered more questions then Medtronics has so far.Now they told me I need to fill the tubes or whatever holds the insulin inthe pump.  I had been explained about bleeding the air out of this thing,but the salesman forgot to mention about insulin in a bottle?  I told them Iget my insulin in pens.  Do you folks fill this thing using the pen or what?I doubt if I hear back from anyone next week as the Holiday, but  I will becalling the following week as I need to know and get all my questionsanswered.Joyce-----Original Message-----From: Diabetes-Talk [mailto:diabetes-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf OfBridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter via Diabetes-TalkSent: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 8:20 PMTo: 'Diabetes Talk for the Blind' Cc: Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter Subject: Re: [Diabetes-talk] Medtronic PumpsJoyce,Training should have been scheduled the day your pump was approved. Yourendocrine should have coordinated all this. Someone dropped the ball bigtime. You need to contact them because they likely are not going to contactyou.Bridgit-----Original Message-----From: Diabetes-Talk [mailto:diabetes-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Ofblindhands--- via Diabetes-TalkSent: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 6:46 PMTo: 'Diabetes Talk for the Blind' Cc: blindhands at aol.comSubject: [Diabetes-talk] Medtronic PumpsHave any of the Medtronic pump users upgraded to the 630 G pump?  I have onearriving tomorrow.How long does it take for them to come out and start the training with thepump?I am waiting to get a court date for Medicare to pass judgement on coveringthe CGM & supplies.   I don't have to appear in court for this.  They do it all over the phone.Everyone say a little one for me.  As with the 630G pump it has an addedhigh beside the low function.  I do plan on going ahead and getting theartificial pancreas when they release them in Spring 2017.  So I will reallyneed the CGM at that point.Joyce_______________________________________________Diabetes-Talk mailing listDiabetes-Talk at nfbnet.orghttp://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.orgTo unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info forDiabetes-Talk:http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.org/bkpollpeter@gmail.com_______________________________________________Diabetes-Talk mailing listDiabetes-Talk at nfbnet.orghttp://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.orgTo unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info forDiabetes-Talk:http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.org/blindhands@aol.com_______________________________________________Diabetes-Talk mailing listDiabetes-Talk at nfbnet.orghttp://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.orgTo unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info forDiabetes-Talk:http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.org/joystigile@gmail.com_______________________________________________Diabetes-Talk mailing listDiabetes-Talk at nfbnet.orghttp://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.orgTo unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Diabetes-Talk:http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.org/dianefilipe@comcast.net