[Diabetes-talk] Some new interesting info

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Tue Oct 4 00:19:13 UTC 2016

Bernm,

You are correct and they are not letting information out.

I called Medtronics today and spoke to one of the people that deal with the
insurance companies.  I knew more then she did.  As I have been talking to a
lot of people , salemen, doctors, blind diabetics and folks using the
Medtronic pump.

I was told about the trial done with the artificial pancreas with diabetic
teens at Yale in the Sppring of this year.  She told me she hust heard about
that and didn't even know where this took place.  I am not saying I know it
all, but I am asking questions with lot of folks.  I live 22 miles from Yale
New Haven Hospital and my endocrinologist was based at Yale for a long time
and recently retired.  Maybe I should have stayed connected up there, but
since my husband died transportation is a real issue.

I did learn something today from medtronics and I need to really dig some
more to have this clarified.

Medtronics has the New 630 pump in production and anticipating final
approvement from the FDA any day.  Medtronic was surprised with the approval
of the FDA with the artificial pancreas pump as they did not expect it until
2017.  People who go on with the 630 G model receive it and get trained by
12/31/2016  will be streamed into the program of getting the 670G
[artificial pancreas] for zero dollars upgrade.

Details on the 630 G & the 670G does not have the I can't remember what they
are calling the device that will allow blood sugar levels be reported to the
IPhone .  I don't know if there is a delay due to FDA approval or they are
going to use something else.  They said it took a lot to get the FDA
Approval for the one that they use with the 530G.  The 530 G is the only
pump that they have that will work with the IPhone, but it does not work
totally with Voiceover.

This is making my head spin as there is not a thing out there as of yet that
will work for a blind diabetic and I did tell medtronics until you get some
blind diabetics in their studies I feel we are getting left behind big time.

Joyce