[Diabetes-Talk] DXCom G5 First Time User

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Tue Aug 8 20:49:33 UTC 2017

I had gotten the 630 Metronic pump in November and it was totally unusable
for the blind.  They did not make it possible to use with an IPhone.  This
was the pump that if you got it before the first of the year 2017, that it
would put you on the list for when the 670 Medtronic pump would be released
this year and there would be no charge to upgrade.

After I found all of that out, I returned the 630 Medtronic pump and got the
530 G pump which is suppose to work with the IPhone.  It really does not do
much with the IPhone as I fought to get Medicare to pay for the CGM put out
by Meditronic and after going thru all the denials with the insurance
company- 3of those, I got with the lawyer and it took  5 months to get the
written denial from the judge.  I only had 10 days to put in the paperwork
for an appeal.  I decided since CMS was in favor to approve coverage only
for the Dexcom  I would go for that CGM.  I am still waiting.  I have been
chasing after the pump and CGM for more than a year now.

Joyce