[Diabetes-Talk] Interesting news regarding my Dexcom system

Daniel C topdog2046 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 00:02:21 UTC 2017

Good day list,
I am writing to let the members know that, I finally did get my Dexcom G5 Mobile system today.
Besides  The carrier having issues delivering it the first time, for an on known reason that decks calm and I cannot figure out, it finally arrived.
I am also writing to ask a question, in regards to the system transmitting results.
My Dexcom sales representative called, and informs me that I am not permitted to use the app for results, but instead must use the receiver. This is because if Medicare found out that I am using the app and not the receiver, they will most likely deny me for future products, according to the Dexcom representative. Does anyone know if this statement is true?
If said statement is true, how can I have it so that I can still use the iPhone app, and transmit results to my receiver? Or is this not possible?
I was also told by my Dexcom representative that if people using Medicare can call the one 800 number for Medicare, and file complaints against the nonuse of the decks calm G5 iPhone app, then Medicare most likely may turn over their non-approval.
As it stands now, from what I was told, decks calm must tell their users that they are not permitted to use the app to share results, or anything like that. Instead, decks calm is encouraging people for now, to use the receiver for transmission of results. Until Medicare overturns the non-approval of the dexcom G5 iPhone app.