[Diabetes-Talk] G5 question

Jamie Gurganus jamielgurganus at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 13:51:06 UTC 2017

Hi all!  My insurance has approved an upgrade to the G5, since I really want
to be able to input my own blood sugars via the phone app.  However, I am
quite concerned about the negative reviews that I am reading about regarding
the inability to silence the alarms.  From what I read, it is with the
latest update that took away the mute feature for the alarms.  As much as I
want to be able to independently manage my Dexcom, is it worth having the
alarms going off with no way to silence them at night or in church or
meetings.  Thanks for your experiences.  I may consider staying with the G4
unless they change the alarms.  I can't close the app during church or
meetings like many do, since I need the Dexcom to notify me of lows that I
don't feel anymore.

                                                                Jamie