[Diabetes-Talk] re question on a good accessible ap for tracking exercises like walking on treadmill, bicycling and that sort of stuff

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 03:36:18 UTC 2017

I think the normal range for non-diabetics is under 5 or 4. The goal is
always 6 for diabetics, but realistically, and based on individual concerns
and needs, between 6 and 7 is deemed good. It's often different depending if
type 1 or 2 as well. Usually type 2's can achieve lower A1-Cs than type 1s.
If I go below 6.5, it means I'm running low all the time, so my doctor
prefers I don't go below 6.5, but I'm type 1 and sensitive to insulin.

Exercise definitely can help. Good luck with your goals. It can be
frustrating at first, but stick with things, and I'm sure you will see a
difference in 3 months.